A fair few Raspberry Pi’s are now out in the wild and a lot of people want to use them as a media center.
I’ve tried to make this as complete as possible for a step by step guide on how to enable BBC iPlayer, 4od, 5ive player and itv player on your Raspberry Pi.
- Download and install Raspbmc http://www.raspbmc.com/wiki/user/windows-installation/
- Click on System then System Information
- Once that is up and running goto the Network tab in System and make a note of the IP address
- From another PC connected to the same network use a program like
putty ssh to the Pi
- Username – Pi / Password – raspberry
- Type the following commands to download the plugins (please note you should get the most recent URL from the links at the bottom of this post
- wget http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download.php/plugin.program.repo.installer/plugin.program.repo.installer-1.0.5.zip
- wget http://xbmc-itv-player.googlecode.com/files/plugin.video.itv_1.0.7.zip
- wget http://xbmc-iplayerv2.googlecode.com/files/iPlayer-v2.4.17.zip
Link for latest 4OD – http://code.google.com/p/mossy-xbmc-repo/downloads/list
Link for latest iPlayer – http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list
Link for latest ITV player – http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-itv-player/downloads/list
Link for latest 5ive player – (from repo)
Feel free to comment if i’ve missed anything important!
*Heads up, affiliate URL
Also thought this would be a good place to recomend the keyboard i use for my Pi the Rii Wireless Mini PC Keyboard & Touchpad, its great for sitting back on the Sofa and controlling XBMC or a fully fledged desktop.